Scarification results in a stronger and denser lawn.
The operation consists in removing the mosses as well as the vegetable felt which tends to over the years to settle in place of your lawn.
This also prevents the spread of disease and ensures a greener lawn all year round.
Follow our advice and you will quickly get a lawn like new that will make you proud!
Choosing the right scarifier
Depending on the area to be scarified :
- Manual for an area of less than 100 m2
- Electric up to 500 m2
- Thermal : more than 500 m2
Some models are equipped with a pick-up system, which makes the work much easier.
The best scarification period
- Twice a year: in Spring after the first mowings and in the autumn to fortify the lawn before winter and remove mulch (dry grass).
- Before any lawn renovation operation.
The right technique for a well-scarified lawn
- Scarification must be performed on a slightly damp ground not too wet, not too dry.
If necessary, it may be necessary to water the front lawn.
- Scarification must be done by cross passages to avoid any unscarified areas.
- Scarification depth is between 2 and 4 mm …too deep an operation could pull out the roots.
- The waste must be imperatively and carefully picked up This can be done either by the scarifier with a collection box or by the mower.
Video: Renovating your lawn
Also read about lawn care:
- Give your lawn a new lease on life!
- Learn how to create your own lawn