The gazania is a magnificent flower thanks to its summer flowering but also surprisingly easy to grow as it is so robust.
Without any watering you will have flowers all summer long!
Name : Gazania splendens
Family : Asteraceae
Type : Perennial
Height 10 to 35 cm
Exhibition : Sunny
Sol : Ordinary, well drained
Flowering May to September/October
Planting of gazania
Preferably choose a spring planting in a mixture of soil and potting soil.
- Prefer a sunny location to have beautiful flowers
- Avoid too heavy soils, it is better to have a light soil
- Sprinkle lightly just at the beginning
For sowing, carry out a sheltered seeding in February-March, transplant once to bucket them in April and put them in place in May.
- Sowing is not always easy, beginners should refrain…
Size and maintenance of the gazania
The maintenance of the gazania is almost nil but the flowering will be all the more beautiful if you:
- Plant in potting soil for flowering plants
- Remove wilted flowers as you go along so as not to deplete the plant, and stimulate the appearance of new flowers .
- Occasionally water your gazanias if they’re potted
- Possible contribution fertilizer for flowering plants in-season
This pretty perennial, usually grown as an annual, has a very high yield. beautiful colorful flowers in yellow and orange shades and very well cut shapes.
It is cultivated in perennial beds, in borders or in rockery but also as a planter for your balconies and terraces.
What makes Gazania special and popular, apart from its beautiful flowering, is that it tolerates drought and therefore does not need to be watered.
Whether it is in a pot, in a bed and even in the middle of a rockery, its decorative effect is guaranteed!
The gazania loves the sun and is not afraid of the heat!