You know Yannick, or yanh35, active and always nice member of our forum.
He invites us to discover a recipe from his garden that seems formidable.
Very simple to make, this gratin will go perfectly with many dishes, because of its little sweet and sour taste, white meat will be perfect.
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Ingredient for 4 people:
Recipe for Caramelized Turnip Gratin
Cook the potatoes beforehand and slice them afterwards.
Peel your turnips, then cut them into slices (preferably quite thin too).
Blanching: this consists of putting your vegetables in a pot of water and bringing them to the boil for a few minutes (generally as soon as the water starts to wriggle: count 2-3 minutes).
Preheat your oven to 180°. ,
In the meantime,
- Prepare a small plate of sugar and reserve it for yourself.
- Drain your turnips
- Place them in the sugar plate on both sides (be careful not to be excessive with the sugar).
Brown a knob of butter in a frying pan when it is simmering,
- Place your turnip slices in the pan, remembering to turn them over on both sides so that they caramelize slightly.
- Take them out of the pan and set them aside.
Finishes of the gratin
Butter your dish a little,
- Place a layer of potatoes, then a layer of turnip and so on until you finish the stock.
You can add a pinch of grated Gruyère cheese in a thin layer to avoid breaking the taste of the caramel.
- Heat for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and serve hot
One last tip
I like to serve this gratin with a sliced white meat, which I fry in a pan with a knob of butter, then flavour it with some freshly picked aromatics such as coriander.
Recipe made with vegetables from the garden and created by Yannick Hirel from the blog http://www.au-potager-bio.com/
Enjoy your meal!