Tartiflette is of course a typical dish of the mountains of the Savoie region.
Ingredients for 6 persons :
- 1.5 kg of potato professorial
- 1 nice reblochon
- 3 Onions
- 250 g of smoked bacon
- 10 cl white wine
- Salt, Poivre
A based on potatoes, bacon and reblochon, we particularly like it in winter.
Recipe for bacon tartiflette
This recipe is quite quick and easy to do Its success lies mainly in the cooking of the food and the quality of the products used.
The tartiflette is a convivial dish which is easy to cook, both for a small committee and for a large number of guests.
- Start by boiling a large pot of salt water.
- Plunge the potatoes into boiling water, cover and leave to cook until the flesh is cooked but still firm on the inside.
- Take the potatoes out and run them under cold water to stop the cooking and keep the flesh firm inside.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Cook the onions in a very hot pan with the bacon to make them sweat and then lightly brown.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
- Cut the reblochon into strips (some remove the crust, we advise you to keep it).
- Peel and then cut the potatoes into slices that are not too thin.
- Arrange a layer of slices at the bottom of a gratin dish and alternate with the bacon and onions and the Reblochon cheese.
- Finish with a layer of Reblochon (some people simply prefer to cut the Reblochon in half and place it on top of the dish) then pour the white wine over it.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven and finish by 5 minutes under the grill function to brown the top of the tartiflette.
- Serve hot and ideally accompanied by a good green salad.
Enjoy your meal!