Here is a light, fresh and totally fruity dessert with strawberry soup with yuzu juice and basil leaves.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 15 cl of water
- 25 g cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. yuzu juice
- 600 g of strawberries
- 50 g 0% curd cheese
- 2 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- A few basil leaves
Also to be read: health benefits and virtues of strawberries
– Pour the water and sugar into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce over low heat. Add the yuzu juice and let infuse covered for 10 minutes. Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
– Wash, dry and chop the strawberries.
– In a ramekin, mix the cottage cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
– Mix the syrup and the strawberries.
– Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
– Arrange the strawberry soup in bowls or small shallow plates. Add the cottage cheese mixture in the centre. Garnish with a few small basil leaves.
B.A .ba of the chief
This recipe can be made with raspberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots or melon.
If possible, blend the strawberries within an hour before dessert, or even better just at the last minute, to preserve the vitamins in the fruit.
Learn more about condensed milk
Sweetened condensed milk : This cow’s milk dairy product was created in the mid-19th century by the American Gail Borden who was looking for a process that would extend the shelf life of milk. Its nutritional qualities fed northern troops during the First World War.
Secession which, seduced by its practicality and taste, promoted it after the war. Over the years, this product found its place in American cuisine, especially in desserts.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel