Clelia offers us a variation of the strawberry tart on a bed of whipped mascarpone, it gives creaminess to the tart and does not weigh it down.
Ingredients for 6 persons :
- 5 00 g of strawberries
- 250 g of mascarpone
- 6 tablespoons redcurrant jelly
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
For the shortbread dough,
- 100 grams of flour,
- 30 g almond powder,
- 30 grams of sugar,
- A pinch of salt,
- 80 g butter, 1 egg yolk
Strawberry Mascarpone Tart Recipe
To make the shortbread dough yourself,
- Mix all the dry ingredients and the soft butter into pieces in a bowl to obtain a sandy mixture.
- make a well in the centre of this mixture into which you pour the egg.
- Stir the mixture while gradually adding the egg.
- You must have a homogeneous ball of dough, if it is too crumbly, add a little water. For those who have a food processor, put it in your machine!
- When your dough is ready, pucker it directly into your pie tin (you stretch it out and spread it to the edge) and place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest.
1- Put your shortbread dough in the oven preheated to 180° for 20 minutes. Take it out of the oven, unmould it in a pie dish and leave to cool.
2- Wash and stem your strawberries. Dry them on a clean cloth or absorbent paper.
3- Whisk your mascarpone with the 3 tablespoons of vanilla sugar with an electric mixer. The mascarpone will be “relaxed”, softer and easier to work with.
4- Melt your redcurrant jelly in the microwave or in a saucepan. (about 30 seconds in the microwave). It must be quite liquid. With a brush, spread generously on the bottom of your shortbread dough.
5- With a spoon, spread your vanilla mascarpone over the top of the tart base so that it covers the whole tart base.
6- Place on top of your dried strawberries. Iron on the strawberries with your brush some redcurrant jelly to give them a nice shine. Once again, be generous!
7- Reserve in a cool place before serving.
Find all of Clelia’s recipes on her blog, Cleliaiscooking
Enjoy your meal!