In a jar or as an aperitif, here is a fresh and original recipe for a starter of steamed carrots and mint chantilly.
Ingredients for 4 people :
Recipe for steamed carrots and mint whipped cream
- Trim the tops, peel, wash and cut the carrots into small regular slices.
- Squeeze the orange, reserve the juice.
- Place water in the lower part of the steamer and bring it to a boil.
- Place the carrots in the upper part of the steamer. Cook 15 minutes until tender.
- Season the carrots with orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop the mint (keep a few leaves for dressing).
- Whip the cream (cold) into whipped cream. Season with salt and pepper and add the chopped mint.
Divide the carrot slices into verrines. Place the whipped cream and a few mint leaves.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche