Deliciously flavoured, this recipe for salmon steak with red wine sauce is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 600 g salmon fillets with skin
- 800 g of leeks small enough
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 200 g of shallots
- 1 onion
- 150 g butter
- 5 cl liquid cream
- 75 cl of red wine from the Loire
- 1/2 litre of freeze-dried fish fumet
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons powdered sugar
- 50 g toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cl olive oil
- 1 bunch of chervil
- 1 branch of thyme
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 1 pinch flower of Guérande sea salt, pepper
Salmon steak in red wine mirror
– Peel the carrot and onion. Wash the mushrooms and leeks.
– Mince all the vegetables without mixing them.
– Make a bouquet garni by combining the thyme, bay leaf and half of the chervil bouquet.
– Cook the onions in 30 g of butter and 1 cl of oil. Give a little colouring. Add the carrot and mushrooms. Moisten with the red wine, add the bouquet garni. Bring to the boil, flambé.
– Add the fish stock and sugar. Boil until 1/4 litre of liquid remains. Strain through a sieve and set aside.
– Season the salmon steaks with salt, pepper and sesame breading. Cook them in a frying pan in 1 cl of oil and 30 g of butter.
– Steam the leeks in 30 g of butter. Season and add the liquid cream.
– Reduce the aroma again and whisk in the butter so that the sauce takes on a glossy appearance.
– On a plate, place a mirror of sauce, the salmon steak, a small strip of leeks sprinkled with sesame. Decorate with a pluche of chervil.
B.A .ba of the chief
If your fumet seems too liquid to you, bind it with starch before you whip it with butter.
Recipe: V. Poussard, Photo: S. Thommeret