Full of freshness and a touch of the exotic, this salad with vermicelli, crunchy vegetables and cheese is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 200 g soy or rice noodles
- 25 g unsalted cashew nuts
- 1/2 bunch of pink radishes
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions
- 1 yellow pepper
- 50 g of cow’s Tomme
- 2 cm of ginger fees
- 2 tsp. tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pinches of Espelette pepper
- 2 tbsp. dehydrated wakame seaweed
- 2 tbsp. rapeseed oil
Fresh salad with vermicelli
– Place the rice or soya vermicelli in a bowl of fresh water. Let them rest for 5 minutes, then cook them for 2 minutes in a large pot of salted water. Drain and place in a cool place.
– Heat a pan without fat and roast the cashew nuts.
– Wash, shell and chop the radishes.
– Wash the spring onions and cut off their stems. Finely chop them and part of their stalks.
– Wash and slice the pepper.
– Peel and dice the cow’s milk.
– Prepare the vinaigrette: peel and grate the ginger to obtain about ó tsp. to coffee. In a bowl, pour the soy sauce, chilli pepper, ginger, seaweed and oil. Mix together. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
– In a salad bowl, arrange all the ingredients, then drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with crushed cashews.
Serve well chilled.
Learn more about peppers
Landed from Central America in the 16th century, the pepper will not be cultivated in Europe until two centuries later. Red, green, yellow, purple, orange, various varieties were then carefully selected and cultivated, colouring the market stalls with a thousand colours.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel