Trendy, cheap and terribly tasty, risotto offers a multitude of possibilities.
Here’s the recipe for melting risotto and diced beetroot.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 400 g Arborio rice
- 2 beets whole cooked
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 g Parmesan cheese shavings
- 3 bars of chicken broth
- 1 glass of white wine
- 4 shallots
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 50 g butter
- Salt, pepper
Recipe for Melting Risotto, diced beetroot
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the beets into cubes.
In a skillet,
- Fry the shallots in oil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the rice to risotto and stir for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Moisten with the wine, allow to evaporate while stirring, season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the 3 stock tablets in 1.5 L of boiling water.
- Pour in the broth as the rice absorbs it and stir.
- When the rice is “al dente”, remove from the heat and stir in the chunks of butter and grated Parmesan.
- Cover and let stand for 2 min.
- Serve with diced beets and parmesan shavings.
Enjoy your meal!
Photo credit: © BrandRepere-Francesca Mantovani