Here’s a delicious recipe for a wheat salad with mimolette, parsley, cauliflower, blackcurrant and sprouts to fill up on summer freshness.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 180 g wheat
- 1 purple onion
- 60 g mimolette
- 1 bunch of curled parsley
- 100 g cauliflower
- 120 g of blackcurrant
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tray of sprouts
- Coarse salt
- salt, freshly ground pepper
Refreshing wheat salad
– Pour water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and pour in the coarse salt. Cook the wheat according to the time indicated on the package (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside in a cool place.
– Peel and chop the onion.
– Dice the mimolette.
– Wash and cut the parsley into tops.
– Wash, dry and grate the cauliflower raw.
– Wash and shell the blackcurrant.
– Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing salt, pepper, cider vinegar, sunflower and olive oils.
– Toss the vinaigrette with the wheat, parsley, mimolette, cauliflower, onion and blackcurrant. Toss gently.
– Arrange in a cool place until ready to serve, then add the sprouts.
Learn more about Cassis
Blackcurrant: Black berry, juicy and fragrant, the blackcurrant is the fruit of the blackcurrant also known as black currant. Mainly produced in Poland, it is also grown in the United Kingdom and France, particularly in the Pays de la Loire, Centre, Rhône-Alpes and Poitou-Charentes regions.
Two varieties are grown here: the noir de Bourgogne, forming clusters of small, very dark, shiny, tasty and particularly aromatic berries (25% of production); and the black down, whose large berries are less dense and more watery.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel