Here is a delicious recipe for pumpkin and porcini mushroom velouté, a real cream with autumn flavours.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 500 g of pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 300 g porcini mushrooms
- 50 g butter
- 50 cl chicken stock
- 15 cl liquid cream
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons hazelnut kernels
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cream of pumpkin soup with porcini mushrooms
– Peel, wash, shell and chop the pumpkin.
– Peel, wash and chop the onion and shallot.
– Clean the porcini mushrooms. Cut them into slices.
– Melt 30 g of butter, add the onion and pumpkin, stir and pour in the chicken stock.
Cook until the blade of a knife easily penetrates the pumpkin flesh, about 15 to 20 minutes. Blend with the cream until smooth. Check seasoning.
- Roast the hazelnuts and crush them lightly.
– Melt the remaining 20 g of butter and sauté the mushrooms for about 1 minute. Season to taste.
– In soup plates, pour the pumpkin cream, sprinkle with roasted hazelnuts and porcini mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel