Although pears are found almost all year round, autumn varieties such as Conference, Beurré Hardy or Comice are excellent for preparing delicious compotes.
Here’s an easy recipe that will appeal to gourmets and gourmands alike.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 5 fairly large and ripe Comices pears
- 120 g sugar
- 16 nuts
Pear and nut compote recipe
- Peel the pears and cut them in half. Gut them.
- Cut them into small pieces.
- Pour them into a non-stick pan.
- Let them cook over low heat until the pear pieces have melted. Count about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time with a wooden spatula so that the pear pieces do not stick to the pan.
- Stir in the sugar halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the heat and pour the compote into verrines or into a compotier.
- After the compote has cooled, put the verrines or compote in the fridge.
- Just before serving, place the walnut halves on top of the compote.
Now all you have to do is enjoy this tasty dessert.
Gourmet’s Corner: this compote can also be served with a chocolate fondant or a scoop of ice cream.
Photo credit : Laetitia Devillars (photo not free of rights)