Here is the recipe for the gratin with forgotten vegetables, parsnips, pumpkin, purple carrot with Curé Nantais.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 parsnip
- ½ pumpkin
- 4 carrots purple
- 1 Parish priest from Nantes (or others)
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 25 cl liquid cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
> Health: health benefits and virtues of Jerusalem artichokes
Recipe for Forgotten Vegetable Gratin with Cheese
- Peel and chop just one of the 2 cloves of garlic.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Pre-cook them in steam, they must remain al dente. Drain them. Cut them into strips.
- Peel the cheese and cut it into strips.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (th. 6).
- In a casserole dish, pass a clove of garlic, butter and arrange the vegetables, varying the colours.
- Add the cheese alternating with the vegetables.
- Season with salt, pepper, sprinkle with chopped garlic and cream.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
In the evening, accompany this dish with a salad.
For lunch, serve it with red meat or poultry.
You can replace these vegetables with rutabagas s, of the Jerusalem artichokes s, of the potatoes etc.
Learn more about the purple carrot
Ancestor of our contemporary carrot, its domestication would have appeared in the 10th century, first in the current region of Afghanistan, then in Asia and Europe. Its colour is given to it by a natural pigment (anthocyanin) also present in
plums, vitellots, blackberries, blueberries, eggplants, black grapes…
Wellness and whole cream
Recognizable by a red marking (cap, packaging…), the whole cream contains at least 30% fat,
its liquid or creamy texture does not affect its lipid content in any way.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel