Here is a delicious recipe for mango bean curry with spices, turmeric, garam massala and cumin.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 onions
- 30 g ghee (clarified butter)
- 300 g mung beans
- 1 teaspoon garam massala
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 pinch of cumin seeds
- 5 tbsp. tablespoons grated coconut
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Mung bean curry
– In a frying pan, heat the oil and cook the mustard seeds. Set aside.
– Peel, wash and chop the onions into mirepoix.
– Heat the ghee in a casserole dish. Cook the onions without colouring them. Add the previously rinsed mung beans, pour 4 times the volume of water, add the garam massala and turmeric. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
– At the end of cooking, add the cumin and mustard seeds, then the coconut just before serving.
Also to be read :
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel