Here is a delicious and original recipe of pea purée with mint and ribot milk cloud
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 1 kg of peas frozen food
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 branch of celery
- 3 strands of mint
- 20 cl chicken stock
- 20 g butter
- 150 g mascarpone
- 25 cl Ribot milk
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Pea purée with mint and ribot milk cloud
– Peel and chop the onion and carrot.
– Dice the celery.
– Melt the vegetables for 5 minutes in a casserole dish with the hot butter.
– Add the shelled peas and two sprigs of mint and season.
– Cover with broth and bring to a boil.
– Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
– Set aside 4 spoonfuls of peas.
– Remove the mint, add the mascarpone and blend with the minimum amount of cooking liquid to obtain a fairly thick purée.
– Heat the purée over low heat and check the seasoning.
– Add the reserved peas.
– Lather the Ribot milk with a hand blender and place a cloud of Ribot milk next to the purée.
– Serve the pea purée decorated with mint as an accompaniment to a roast lamb or pork.
B.A .ba of the chief
Ribot milk, or fermented milk, is not only the sour drink served with the pancakes of the pancake house, it is also a culinary staple.
Originally, it is the liquid that flows from the churn (ribotte in Breton) when the butter is beaten. You can find them in the supermarket, next to fresh milk. It tastes like plain drinking yoghurt, more liquid and creamier.
It has the velvety texture of cream, the acidity of yoghurt… and above all, lightness! It emulsifies, lightens and gives a tangy punch. In Indian cuisine, it replaces yoghurt with panache.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan