Here is a real local salad, greedy and easy to make with lamb’s lettuce, candied gizzards and cabécou toast.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 250 g of lamb’s lettuce
- 8 walnut kernels
- 2 slices of foie gras (1 cm thick)
- 16 duck gizzards confit
- 2 slices of farmhouse bread
- 4 cabécous
- 2 tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 6 tbsp. walnut oil
- Salt, pepper
Also to be read: benefits and virtues of lamb’s lettuce for health
This salad is a great way to make the most of your holiday leftovers!
Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6).
– Carefully wash and spin-dry the lamb’s lettuce.
– Crush the walnut kernels.
– Cut the foie gras into small pieces.
For the dressing:
– In a bowl, place the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, pour gradually and while emulsifying the walnut oil.
– Place the duck gizzards confit in a frying pan, heat so that the fat melts. Brown them lightly on each side and remove from the heat. Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm.
– Cut the slices of bread in half. Place them on a baking sheet in the oven and place a cabécou on top. Place in the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes until the cheese melts.
– Place the lamb’s lettuce and crushed walnut kernels in a salad bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Divide into 4 shallow plates, and add the pieces of foie gras, the gizzards of duck breast confit and the hot cabécou toast.
B.A .ba of the chief
– The duck gizzards can be replaced by 16 thin slices of dried duck breast which you can place directly on top of the salad.
– You can extract the gizzards and foie gras from this recipe and serve this recipe (in smaller quantities) instead of a cheese platter.
MOTS DE LA CUISINE
Crushing = coarsely crushing.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan