The iced coffee and condensed milk soup is a great idea for a dessert, full of flavour, fresh and light.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- grinded coffee
- 40 g cane sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (200 g)
- 80 cl whole milk
- 4 Breton shortbread biscuits
For the granite:
- Prepare 40 cl of coffee, pour the cane sugar, mix, then pour into a dish and leave to cool (about 30 minutes).
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before scraping the contents of the dish and place back in the freezer.
- Repeat this last operation once more.
For the milk soup:
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape and collect the seeds contained inside with the tip of a knife.
- In a saucepan, pour the contents of the can of condensed milk, the milk and add the vanilla seeds. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Let cool (about 2 hours), remove the bean and stir in the vanilla seeds.
- Just before serving, arrange the granita in bowls, pour the vanilla milk soup and crumble the cookies. Enjoy immediately.
EN SAVOIR PLUS …
Sweetened condensed milk :
This cow’s milk dairy product was created in the mid-19th century by the American Gail Borden who was looking for a process that would extend the shelf life of milk. Its nutritional qualities nourished the northern troops during the Civil War who, seduced by its practicality and taste, promoted it after the war. Over the years, this product found its place in American cuisine, especially in desserts.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel