Easy and tasty, the Gouda rice salad is quick to prepare.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 350 g rice (wholemeal rice)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 120 g of gouda French
- 150 g of cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions with stems
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons vinegar of cider
- 6 tbsp. sunflower oil
- Some pink berries
- 4 strands of parsley flat
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water,
- Cook the rice al dente according to the instructions on the packet (depending on the rice used the cooking time may vary between 15 and 25 minutes).
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Let it cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Wash, peel and dice the cucumber.
- Dice the cheese.
- Wash and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Wash and chop the white onions and their stalks.
- In a salad bowl, pour the cooled rice, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and cheese. Mix together.
In a bowl:
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- Mix and pour over the rice salad.
Arrange in a dish or on a plate, sprinkle with pink berries and chopped parsley.
Named after a small Dutch port, Gouda is a cow’s milk cheese, pressed uncooked. Taking the shape of a small wheel (3 to 5 kg) with a smooth yellow rind, this cheese is matured between three and eighteen months: after three months of maturing (young), it has a compact paste without holes, initially soft and nutty, which hardens at six months (semi-steamed) and becomes pungent after one year (steamed).
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais – F. Hamel