Sweet melons, juicy peaches, golden apricots, fragrant strawberries… The summer fruit waltz has begun. Abuse them in desserts, biting them separately or combining them in sun-drenched fruit salads.
Ingredients for 6 to 8 persons :
Syrup : 100 g sugar, 20 cl water, 1⁄2 vanilla pod, 1 lime, 6 basil leaves, 20 cl apricot nectar.
Fresh fruit minestrone
Prepare the syrup:
- put the sugar and water in a saucepan,
- add the split and scraped vanilla bean, then the lemon zest and juice.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, then simmer for 10 minutes until syrupy.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped basil, stir and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Dice the fruit. Put them in a bowl with the sugar and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Mix and set aside in a cool place covered with cling film.
- Divide the diced fruit into shallow dishes.
- Strain the syrup, add the apricot nectar and coat the fruit with it.
- Place a ball of sorbet on each plate and decorate with a few basil leaves.
Enjoy your meal!