Here is the delicious recipe for Filet mignon à la nantaise, with onions, butter, milk and parsley as ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 8 onions
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 1 pork tenderloin (800 g)
- 1/2 l milk
- 2 strands of parsley
- Pepper from the mill
Filet mignon à la nantaise
– Peel and chop the onions.
– Melt the butter in a stewpot and sear the filet mignon in it. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the filet mignon. Keep warm.
– Degrease the stewpot and add the chopped onions.
– Pour in the milk, season with salt and pepper, then cook the onion compote for 30 minutes.
– Slice the filet mignon and shape it again.
– Once the compote is cooked, place the filet mignon on top and finish cooking for 5 minutes.
– Arrange on a platter: serve the compote and filet mignon with a few sprigs of parsley.
To accompany the filet mignon
You can accompany this dish with fried potatoes, mashed potatoes or a pan of seasonal vegetables.
Learn more about pork tenderloin
Containing no waste, the filet mignon is a flawless piece of pork, highly prized by the French.
Even if it is one of the most expensive tracks, it remains relatively affordable. Exceptionally tender, this portion of meat is marketed whole or detailed in slices of varying thickness which then take the names of medallions, hazelnuts, grenadines, mignons… Roasted whole in the oven or casserole, the filet mignon is also succulent grilled, braised or pan-fried.
Delicious with spices, herbs or simply with pepper, it is exquisite as a marinade, sauce, crust…
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel