Preparation time : 10
Cooking time : 40
Number of persons s: 4 to 5 x 250 g jars
List of ingredients :
- 1 kg 200 of figs ripe violets
- 50 cl white wine (quality)
- 500g of honey thousand flowers, liquid
- 400g granulated sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
Preparation of the recipe
- I wipe my figs, I remove the tail. I cut them in 4. I put them in my copper basin, I pour the white wine and add the cinnamon stick.
- I bring to the boil, not too quickly, I let it simmer until the figs soften. I take them and store them in a bowl.
- I add the honey in my basin, then the sugar. I reduce this very perfumed syrup. It freezes at the end of my wooden spoon. I take the cinnamon stick.
- I decant my figs, I use my masher to give more consistency and give a little broth.
- I boil my pots and their lids. I wipe them off as I fill them and screw the lids on tightly, then I soak them again in hot water, standing upright and not turned over (25 minutes). The vacuum will do itself.
- This principle is appertization (Nicolas Appert), I never spill my pots. The lid bombs at first, then curves, the vacuum is made.
Chief’s Council :
Served iced with a scoop of ice cream or sorbet or warmed up and put in a buckwheat pancake in a chaplain’s hat… Everything is allowed even to eat it with a spoon, pure happiness in a jar!
Recipe proposed by Porcher