The salad of farfalle, basil and candied tomatoes is a condensed blend of freshness and flavour to accompany your summer dishes.
You can of course use farfalles as pasta but also tagliatelle or any other pasta you like.
Here is the complete recipe!
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 500 g of tomatoes cluster
- 3 pods of garlic
- 12 sheets of basil
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Fleur de sel and ground pepper
- Pepper can be replaced by a 5-berry blend.
- 250 g of farfalle
Recipe of the salad of farfalle, basil and candied tomatoes :
The preparation is dead simple e but requires a little time because of the cooking process which lasts several hours. Tomatoes can still be cooked the day before and kept in a cool place.
- Finely chop the basil
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Mix the basil, garlic and olive oil and season with berries.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in 2 or 4 according to their size.
- Remove seeds from tomatoes
Cooking tomatoes to make them candy :
We know if the tomatoes are candied when they no longer discharge water at all. They look dry and slightly withered.
- On baking paper, arrange the tomatoes without touching each other.
- Place a little of the olive oil, garlic and basil preparation on each quarter.
- Keep some of the olive oil for setting up
- Season with salt and pepper to taste with freshly ground pepper or 5-berry pepper
- Leave to cook for 4 hours at 90°.
- Take out of the oven and let cool
Setting up the farfalle salad :
The implementation is quick and easy . You can mix the ingredients before serving or serve the pasta and its accompaniment separately.
- Cook the farfalle al dente
- Cool under cold water after cooking
- In a salad bowl, put together the farfalle, the olive oil preparation and the candied tomatoes.
- Add a few basil leaves for decoration
It is best eaten cold but can also be served warm or hot if the summer heat is not there!
All you have to do is not cool the pasta after cooking.
Finally, as in the photo, you can also add artichoke hearts.
Enjoy your meal!