Fragrant and slightly spicy, this exotic soup recipe is as easy as it is fast.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 of Chinese cabbage
- 1 small packet of rice or soy vermicelli
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 50 g of glasswort
- 150 g herbed tofu
- 15 g semi-salted butter
- 15 cl coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of soybean sauce
- 1 tbsp. curry paste
- 2 pinches of chilli pepper
- A few sheets of basil
Exotic soup recipe
– Peel and wash the carrots. Cut them into julienne strips.
– Wash and julienne the cabbage.
– Place the vermicelli in boiling water and cook them for the time indicated on the package. Drain and set aside.
– Pour the stock, lime juice, ginger and carrots into a stewpot. Cook over low heat for about 7 minutes. Add the cabbage and the salicornia, simmer for 5 minutes.
– Cut the tofu into small cubes.
– In a frying pan, melt the butter and cook the diced tofu with herbs until golden brown.
– Pour the coconut milk and cream into the stewpot, stir lightly and then gently add the tofu.
– Add the soy sauce, curry paste and chilli pepper, check the seasoning.
– Add the vermicelli and arrange the soup in bowls.
– Arrange with a few basil leaves.
Learn more about glassworts
Samphire Salicornia : A wild halophilic plant (which grows in environments impregnated with sea salt), the salicornia grows on the Atlantic coast, the English Channel or in the Camargue. Harvested young, it is appreciated for its tender and fleshy, crunchy and salty stems.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche