A delicious alternative to the classic recipe, this egg casserole with sorrel in Camembert sauce is absolutely delicious.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 eggs
- 100 g of sorrel
- 4 strands of chives
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of fresh cream
- 200 g of camembert
- 15 cl liquid cream
- Salt, pepper
Egg casserole with sorrel, camembert sauce
Preheat the oven to 190°C (th.6).
– Husk and wash the sorrel.
– Wash the chives.
– In a frying pan, melt the sorrel in 15 g of butter until the water evaporates.
Pour in the crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
– Brush 4 ramekins with the remaining melted butter, spread the cream of sorrel over them and break an egg.
Place these ramekins in an oven dish, pour water up to halfway up the ramekins. Place in a bain-marie for 10 to 12 minutes (watch the cooking, the egg yolk must remain creamy).
For the camembert sauce:
– Peel the cheese. Cut it into small pieces.
– Heat the cream in a saucepan, gradually incorporate the camembert. Whisk. Add pepper and salt very lightly. Reduce for a few minutes while stirring until the sauce becomes smooth and homogeneous.
– Remove the ramekins from the oven. Coat the contour of the egg yolk with a cordon of camembert sauce, decorate with chives.
B.A .ba of the chief
Oven bain-marie, how to avoid boiling?
Place a sheet of parchment paper in the dish containing the water before placing the ramekins or other containers.
The egg, any doubt about its freshness?
Immerse it in a bowl of cold water:
– if the egg remains at the bottom of the bowl in a horizontal position, there is no doubt about its freshness;
– if he’s straightening up, he’s a little less fresh;
– if it comes to the surface, it is not fresh at all, so avoid eating it. The egg contains an air pocket that increases in volume over time and makes the egg lighter, which is why it rises to the surface.
Words from the kitchen
Bain-marie Cook a preparation in a container (a saucepan for example) itself placed in another larger one containing boiling water. The bain-marie makes it possible to gently cook a delicate preparation by avoiding direct contact with a source of lively heat.
Ciseler cut into small dice.
Equestrian To remove the tail of previously washed and drained fruits or remove the main stems of certain plants (e.g. parsley, spinach, etc.).
Tablecloth Pour a liquid (a cream, a sauce, a coulis …) in order to cover a preparation.
Reduce Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavour of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Photo: C. Herlédan