Caramelized with honey for more delicacy, this recipe of duck manchons with honey should be unanimously acclaimed.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 8 duck sleeves
- 25 cl veal stock
- 30 g semi-salted butter
- 30 g soft butter
- 2 tbsp. acacia honey
- Fleur de sel
- Salt, pepper
Duck Manchons with Honey
– Pour the veal stock into a saucepan and reduce it by a quarter.
– Melt the semi-salted butter in a frying pan and sear the duck manchons in it. Remove the meat and degrease the pan, pour the honey into it.
Add the sleeves, coat with honey and caramelize lightly. Remove them again from the frying pan and keep warm.
Deglaze the frying pan with the reduced veal stock, cook over a low heat for 20 to 25 minutes and add the cold sweet butter, previously cut into pieces. Check the seasoning.
– Arrange the duck manchons on a plate, pour a cord of sauce.
Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
You can serve these honeyed duck manchons with a braised endive it’s a treat.
B.A .ba of the chief
– It is possible to use pork tenderloin detailed in medallions instead of duck manchons.
– Chestnut or rosemary honeys can replace acacia honey. The sauce obtained will then be more full-bodied.
CÔTÉ CAVE :
Words from the kitchen
Dissolve in a liquid (water, vinegar, fresh cream, wine, veal stock…) the cooking juices attached to the bottom of the container after cooking. Then rub the pan with a spatula to remove them and mix them with the liquid. They will be useful to prepare a sauce.
Evaporating a liquid to concentrate the flavour of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Calories per person: 629
Duck meat contains 10% fat.
Photo: C. Herlédan