Here is a colourful, light and particularly fruity dessert to end your meal. An easy and cheap recipe.
Preparation 20 min Cooking 20 min
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 400 g of a mixture of red berries (or blueberries )
- 80 g cane sugar
- 20 cl whole milk milk
- 40 g chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 4 cocoa beans with pulp
- A few sheets of mint
Recipe for the red fruit cream with seeds
Wash the red fruits. Drain them. Put them in a saucepan, cover them with water.
Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Crush them.
Return the saucepan to the heat and bring to a boil.
Pass the fruit purée obtained through a fine sieve. Press with a pestle to extract as much juice as possible.
Pour this juice into a saucepan. Add the sugar. Mix together. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
In a saucepan,
- Pour in the milk, heat and add the chia seeds.
- Off the heat, mix with the agave syrup and cocoa beans.
- Let the preparation swell.
- Then leave to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange the cream in small bowls.
- Pour the red fruit purée, sprinkle with chopped mint, then enjoy!
A staple food of the Aztec populations, chia seeds disappeared with this civilization in the 15th century. Reappeared about twenty years ago in industry, they are now produced mainly in Peru.
Reminiscent of sesame, they are small and coloured white or brown. Plain, roasted or ground, they are used in many culinary preparations (cakes, pancakes…) and are mixed with cereals, dairy products, salads, fruit juices…
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais – F. Hamel