Easy and quick to prepare, this fromage blanc mousse with red fruits and almonds is available in a thousand and one ways…enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 120 g red fruits (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 8 mint leaves
- 150 g curd cheese (40% of M.G .)
- 20 g caster sugar
- 30 g almond powder
- 10 cl single cream (30% of M.G .)
Cottage cheese mousse with red fruits and almonds
– Cleaning and sting fruit. Cut them into pieces. Set aside.
– Wash and peel the mint.
– Mix the cottage cheese, sugar and almond powder.
– Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk vigorously until it sticks to the whisk. Gently fold it into the previous mixture.
– Divide this cream cheese mousse into individual cups.
Arrange a few pieces of fruit on the surface. Decorate with mint.
Serve well chilled!
B.A .ba of the chief
Mild and creamy, fromage blanc is so good to eat with a spoon and so easy to enjoy!
It has the ability to transform itself into a multitude of gourmet desserts, ready in an instant.
Here are a few ideas for accompaniments:
- sugar, jam, honey, salted butter caramel, cocoa powder, syrups or fruit coulis ;
- fruit salad with almond syrup ;
- banana, muesli and grated coconut;
- white chocolate, raspberries and raspberry coulis ;
- banana, oatmeal and strawberry coulis;
- carpaccio of pineapple, red fruits and mint leaves ;
- lemon syrup and strawberries ;
- pears, chocolate coulis and slivered almonds;
- prunes, cinnamon and honey;
- apple and caramel, etc.
Plain or flavoured, curd cheese can also be used in many pastry preparations (cakes, tarts, custards, cakes, cheesecakes, muffins, madeleines, mug cakes, charlottes…) or savoury (vegetable custards, cakes, gratins, gazpachos, mousse glasses, seafood terrines, wraps, potato or quinoa cakes…) bringing them softness and smoothness.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel