Delicious American recipe, corn cake is awfully tasty.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 100 g semi-salted butter
- 1 untreated yellow lemon
- 140 g of corn
- 150 g polenta
- 10 g dry baker’s yeast
- 1/2 level tsp. baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl semi-skimmed milk
- 70 g cane sugar
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (th. 6).
– Melt the butter.
– Wash the lemon and remove the zest.
– In a bowl, place the flour, the polenta, the zests of lemon, yeast and bicarbonate of soda.
– In another bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and cane sugar.
Add the melted butter. Pour this liquid content into the first bowl, stirring until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
– Place in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
– Leave to cool for 1 hour before unmoulding.
Serve plain or with whipped cream, jam or fruit compote.
Read also: Health benefits and virtues of corn
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel