An essential dessert for the Christmas holidays, the log can be cooked in 1001 ways.
Here is a delicious recipe for Yule log with kiwi fruit, easy, light and quick to cook.
Preparation 40 min
Cooking 10 min
Repos : 4 h
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g flour
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 8 kiwis
- 5 large gelatine leaves
- 40 cl liquid cream
- 150g passion fruit topping
Light cream and kiwi log
Prepare the biscuit:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6).
- Prepare a buttered baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. In a first bowl, blanch the yolks with the sugar.
In the second place,
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Sift the sifted flour into the first bowl, mix, then pour in the melted butter and the egg whites.
- Mix again.
- Pour this preparation on the buttered baking sheet. Smooth with a spatula.
Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- When out of the oven, wait a few minutes and roll the biscuit on the baking paper.
- Let it cool for an hour.
- Peel, wash and finely chop the kiwis.
- Melt the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- Heat the mango juice and stir in the squeezed gelatine. Mix well. Leave to cool without the preparation gelling.
- Whip the liquid cream into whipped cream.
- Gently mix the cooled mango juice with the whipped cream.
- Unroll the biscuit by removing the paper. Cover it with cream. Add a few thin slices of kiwi fruit and roll it up. Brush with passion fruit topping.
- Decorate with kiwi slices.
- Chill at least 3 hours.25 cl of mango (or passion fruit) juice.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel