A must among the desserts, the chouquette also goes well with a cup of coffee or tea. Here is the delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people (25 to 30 chouquettes)
- 12.5 cl semi-skimmed milk
- 1 pinch of fleur de sel
- 2 sugar cubes
- 60 g semi-salted butter
- 60 g sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 20 g coarse-grained sugar
Recipe of the chouquettes
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (th. 6).
In a saucepan,
- Pour in the milk, the fleur de sel, the sugar and the butter cut into pieces.
- Place the saucepan on the heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat, add the flour all at once and mix with a spatula.
- Return to the heat, stirring for at least 1 minute (the dough should come away easily from the sides of the pan).
- Empty into a bowl and add the eggs one by one, without stopping mixing.
Pour the preparation into a piping bag (or a small spoon). Make small piles and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the puffs cool on a rack for about 30 minutes.
More information about butter
Consumed moderately on a daily basis, butter naturally finds its place in a healthy and balanced diet, providing in particular vitamin A, essential for healthy eyes and skin. Contrary to popular belief, it has no more calories than vegetable oils or margarine, and has the advantage of being composed of 30% monounsaturated fat, good for the body, which is also found in olive oil.
It is a source of vitamins D, E, and especially A, which are essential for the proper development of the skeleton, eyes, intestines, skin and bronchial tubes.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel