This is a chocolate variation of the traditional frangipane cake. A melt-in-the-mouth and gourmet delight to celebrate kings.
Ingredients for 6 persons :
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 120 ml vanilla pastry cream
- 35 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 35 g sugar
- 45 g almond powder
- 70 g chocolate powder
- 1 bean
Recipe for the chocolate frangipane cake
- Mix the ointment butter and the sugar until it whitens.
- Add almond powder, 2 eggs and mix.
- Add the cold custard, chocolate powder and mix.
Arrange the dough in a pie tin or on the baking sheet covered with baking paper and prick it with a fork.
- Apply a brush soaked in cold water to 2 cm of the inner edges to facilitate adhesion.
- Garnish with the frangipane about 1.5 cm high, place the bean on a rim.
- Close the cake with the 2 e paste, seal the edges with a little water.
- Brush the surface of the cake with beaten egg in 2 times, waiting a good quarter of an hour between each layer, then decorate as you wish and leave to rest for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake the cake at 175° for 40/45 min in a preheated oven.
Enjoy your meal!
Visuals credit: © Christophe Doucet