Fragrant and exotic, this Tandoori Chicken and Almond Tandoori recipe is a real delight.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 pods of garlic
- 1 tbsp. tablespoons of cilantro
- 1 plain whole yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. tandoori powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 lime
- 400 g basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. mung beans
- 3 tbsp. turmeric
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1 clove
- 1 tbsp. curry
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- Coarse salt
For the marinade tandoori:
– Peel, degerm, wash and crush the garlic.
– Washing, stripping and chisel cilantro.
– Pour the yoghurt into a bowl, sprinkle with tandoori powder. Add garlic, ginger, lime juice and coriander. Mix together.
– Brush chicken legs with marinade. Place them in an oven dish and leave them to cool. mariner in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C (th. 6).
– Place the chicken in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes (turn it over halfway through).
For the ghee rice:
– In a large saucepan, bring water to the boil, add the coarse salt, then the rice, mung beans and all the spices. Cook, depending on the rice, for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, add the ghee and mix well.
– Arrange the tandoori chicken legs on plates with the ghee rice. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel