Here is a fine and creamy recipe for chicken breasts with spinach coulis.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 chicken breasts (without skin)
- 10 g butter
- ground pepper
For the potato pancakes:
- 4 potatoes
- 4 small white onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 10 g butter
For the spinach coulis:
- 100 g spinach
- ¼ of plain yoghurt
- 20 cl poultry juice
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
Recipe for chicken breasts with spinach coulis
Prepare the potato pancakes :
– Peel, wash and grate the potatoes. Squeeze them to remove excess water and dry them in a cloth.
– Mince the onions.
– Beat the eggs.
– Place the grated potatoes, beaten eggs, chopped onions and cornstarch in a bowl. Season and mix. Set aside.
Prepare the spinach coulis:
– Hull, wash and drain the spinach. Blanch for 1 minute in boiling salted water. Drain and blend. Add the yoghurt and season.
– Stir in poultry juice, then heat 1 minute over high heat. Flavour with nutmeg. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 210 °C (th. 7).
– Season the chicken breasts, brush them with melted butter and put them in the oven for 10 minutes. Baste them regularly, turning them over.
Set them aside at the entrance of the oven, with the door open, while the patties are baking.
– Melt 10 g of butter in a non-stick pan and form thin potato pancakes.
Fry them over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Serve the chicken breasts with the spinach coulis and the potato pancakes.
B.A .ba of the chief
Prepare fresh spinach: one by one, remove the fibrous ribs from the leaves (keep only the tender green of the leaves).
To do this, fold the leaf in half, with the rib in the middle, then gently pull the rib from the base to the top of the leaf.
Wash the spinach several times in plenty of water (earthy vegetables), then drain.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel