Ideal as an aperitif, the cheese and chives blinis bring freshness and smoothness for those who like gourmet aperitifs.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 25 cl milk
- 2 eggs
- 20 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 170 g flour
- ½ bouquet of chives
- 30 g fresh cheese
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. Coffee salt
- Pepper from the mill
Savoury blinis with fresh cheese and chives
In a saucepan, heat the milk over low heat.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Set the whites aside in a bowl.
- Pour the egg yolks into another bowl and whisk in the warm milk. Add the fresh yeast, sifted flour, salt and pepper.
- Let stand 1 hour in a warm place to allow the dough to rise.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Chop the chives. Mix the chives with the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly butter a frying pan with the melted butter.
- Form the blinis by drawing circles with a ladle or large spoon.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm and repeat the operation until the dough is used up.
- Spread the blinis with the cream cheese and chives mixture.
- Serve as an aperitif or as a starter with smoked salmon.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel