As a starter or main course, accompanied by a good salad, cabbage crumble is an original, easy and tasty recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 onions
- 1 Romanesco cabbage
- 1 broccoli
- 80 g flour
- 50 g grated Emmental cheese
- 80 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cabbage crumble recipe
Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6).
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Wash and cut the cabbages.
- Place the flour, Emmental cheese, salt, semi-salted butter cut into pieces, sesame seeds, linseed and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix with fingertips until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the cabbage heads.
Check the cooking with the tip of a knife, the cabbages should be slightly firm.
Drain them, rinse them with cold water and let them drain again.
Prepare a gratin dish or four mini dishes.
Arrange the semi-cooked vegetables and sprinkle with crumble.
Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Learn more about Romanesco cabbage
Also known as “apple broccoli”, this ancient variety of cabbage is native to Italy (Rome). In France, it has only been cultivated en masse for about twenty years, especially in Brittany.
Its apple, compact and pointed, is bristling with multiple florettes of geometrical and pyramidal shapes, arranged in a spiral crown, giving an original and very aesthetic appearance.
Its mild and sweet flavour is a delicious match for meat and fish. This cabbage can also be prepared as a purée, risotto, pie, raw salad, cream salad, etc.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan