Deliciously flavoured with rosemary, this recipe for Carmine endive with Beaufort is also easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 3 beautiful endives (Carmine)
- 20 g of Beaufort
- 1 branch of rosemary
- Crumble dough
- 80 g flour
- 50 g butter 1/2 salt
- 40 g of Beaufort
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tbsp. oil
- salt, pepper
Also to be read: benefits and virtues of chicory for your health
Endive Salad Carmine with Beaufort cheese
For the crumble dough:
– Take the butter 1/2 salt out of the refrigerator 1 hour before use so that it softens.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (th.6).
– Cut the Beaufort into small cubes.
– In a salad bowl, place the butter 1/2 salt that has become soft, the Beaufort and the flour. Mix until you obtain a sand. Spread this dough on a baking sheet.
– Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the crumble is lightly browned. Let cool. Crumble coarsely.
For the dressing:
– In a bowl, pour the vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Gradually pour in and emulsify the sauce.
– Wash and peel the rosemary.
– Cut the Beaufort into sticks.
– Wash the endives, slice them finely. Place them in a salad bowl with the Beaufort sticks. Garnish with vinaigrette. Divide into 4 individual bowls. Arrange the crumble on top and sprinkle with rosemary.
B.A .ba of the chief
– The vinaigrette can be replaced by a yoghurt sauce.
– Of all Gruyère-type cheeses, Beaufort is the most sensual in the mouth. Made from full-cream cowφ milk, its taste gets stronger with age. It is produced in the Tarentaise, Maurienne and, of course, Beaufortin.
MOTS DE LA CUISINE
Slice: cut into thin slices.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret