This recipe of baked apple and warm goat cheese offers a tasty blend of sweet and savoury that makes it an ideal dessert combining both fruit and cheese.
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 4 apples kidney of Canada
- 2 goat droppings
- 4 branches of thyme
- 8 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the apples. Remove the stalk. Cut them in half across the width of the fruit (horizontally).
- Slightly hollow out each piece of apple so that you can later put a slice of goat cheese in it.
- Place the apples in an ovenproof dish (like a casserole dish). Pour a small dash of olive oil on each apple half.
- Flavour with a few sprigs of thyme.
- Salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 min at 200°C.
- Cut the goat dung into 4 slices in the thickness. Caution: use a sharp knife for this.
- Place a slice of cheese on each apple half.
- Place a second time for 5 to 8 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve hot with a crisp green salad seasoned with cider vinegar and hazelnut (or walnut) oil.
It’s sweet. ET salty!
Variant: goat’s cheese goes perfectly with the honey . Just before putting the apples in the oven, pour a teaspoon of honey over each apple half. They will caramelize during cooking. Perfect for a sweet and sour starter.
Photo credit: ©Philippe Dufour