As an appetizer or tapas as an aperitif, this recipe for Tartines de lard, tomato compote and sucrine is a delight!
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 1 strand of rosemary fees
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 sucrine
- 4 slices of bacon for grilling
- 4 slices of farmhouse bread
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
– Wash and peel the rosemary.
– Check out the tomatoes. Cut them in half and remove the seeds. Cut them into small cubes.
– Peel the shallot and garlic (degerm) and chop them.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan and sweat the shallot in it. Add the tomatoes, garlic, bouquet garni, rosemary and sugar. Cook until the water evaporates. Season and leave to cool (about 1 hour).
– Wash and quarter the sucrine.
– On a plancha or barbecue, grill the bacon and then the sucrine.
– Toast the slices of bread, then place the tomato compote, the grilled bacon and the sucrine on top. Season if necessary.
B.A .ba of the chief
Flavouring everyday dishes, aromatic plants are indispensable in the kitchen. Numerous and varied, it is not easy to have them available all the time. Mint , basil , thyme , dill , parsley , chives , sorrel , tarragon , cilantro , chervil … not to deprive themselves of their flavors, several solutions exist:
– Dehydrated herbs: long-lasting, conveniently packaged, they can be stored in a corner of the cupboard.
– Frozen herbs: of higher quality than dehydrated herbs, they retain more of their flavour, all you need is a little space in the freezer.
– Fresh herbs: full of vitamins, taste and freshness, nothing replaces them. To avoid the constraint of a regular purchase, they can be grown in a corner of the garden or in a tub on the balcony. Grown at home or bought at the market, you can also wash, dry, cut and freeze them yourself for year-round use!
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel