Here is an original recipe, the fresh bacon and spinach tart, easy to make.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 1 puff pastry
- 250 g of spinach fresh or frozen
- 150 g small bacon
- 15 cl fresh cream
- 20 cl milk
- 125 g grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- Salt, pepper
Recipe for the bacon and spinach pie
- Preheat your oven to 200°.
Preparing the spinach :
If you’re in a hurry, opt for the frozen leaf spinach which you will defrost over low heat in the pan…
For fresh spinach ,
- Remove branches to keep only the leaves.
- Wash with clear water
- Heat up a pot of boiling water
- Plunge the spinach into boiling water for 30 sec.
- Drain by pressing down on the spinach leaves to remove all the water.
Preparing the pie crust :
- In a bowl or a hen’s ass,
- Pour the cream and mix it vigorously with the whole eggs.
- Then add the milk and mix again vigorously.
Making the bacon and spinach tart:
- In a pie dish,
- Spread the shortcrust pastry,
- Arrange the spinach leaves on the bottom and then the bacon.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Finally, pour your pie crust evenly.
Baking the bacon and spinach pie :
The cooking time for the bacon and spinach tare varies according to your oven and dish but should be around 30 minutes.
It’s important to brown the top, it’s better and much prettier…
Enjoy your meal!