Spring brings the arrival of asparagus, a delicious vegetable that offers many recipes, often with a fine and subtle taste.
Here’s the recipe for Asparagus Soup with Parmesan…
Ingredients for 4 people :
Recipe for Asparagus Soup with Parmesan Cheese
This recipe can be served as a starter in soup plates or as an aperitif in small glasses.
It is also good hot as well as warm or cold .
- Start by peeling the asparagus.
- Bring salt water to a boil.
- Dip the asparagus and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (the tip of the knife should pierce the asparagus easily).
While the asparagus is cooking…
- Mince the shallots and onion.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan and fry the shallots and onion until they are white without browning them.
- Then add the court bouillon
- Cut the cooked asparagus into very small pieces.
- Add the chopped asparagus with the shallots and onion and cook for another 5 minutes, adding the rest of the butter.
- Pour in the milk and then the chopped Parmesan cheese.
- Mix it all together
- Chop and add the parsley
- Salt and pepper
If you feel that the mixture is not liquid enough you can rectify this by adding a little more milk.
You can then serve hot, wait for it to cool or put in the refrigerator to serve cold.
Enjoy your meal!