Asparagus is a quality product that is never as good as when simply cooked.
Here’s the asparagus in mousseline sauce.
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 24 asparagus fresh
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper
- 1 bunch of chives
Recipe for asparagus in mousseline sauce
This is an easy recipe to make even though the preparation of asparagus can take a little time because of the peeling.
- Start by cutting off the tail of the asparagus to get rid of the hard part.
- Gently peel the asparagus so as not to break it.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Plunge the asparagus and cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size.
Meanwhile, make a homemade mayonnaise:
- Separate the egg white and yolk, keeping the white intact.
- With the yolk, mustard and a pinch of salt, make a mayonnaise.
- Chop the chives and add to the mayonnaise.
- Salt the egg white and whisk the egg white until stiff.
- Gently mix the egg white with the mayonnaise.
- Pour in the lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary
Once the asparagus is cooked, take it out of the water and drain it well.
Serve the asparagus with the mousseline sauce.
This is a recipe that can be served both warm and cold, but avoid serving asparagus too hot.
Enjoy your meal!